- Community Indicators
- Products & Services
- About Us
- Community Forum
- Find April 2013 FastFacts here
- 2nd Quarter 2013 Economic Forecast Newsletter is published
- Northwest Colorado free carpool website
- Energy Diet Challenge Checklist
- Rio Blanco Recycling Assessment survey and report can be found under the "Energy" tab of our website. .
For Email Newsletters you can trust
AVERAGE ANNUAL DAILY TRAFFIC
Source: Colorado Department of Transportation
Potential Target: To maintain average annual daily traffic levels at or below 80% of roadway capacity through improvements to transportation infrastructure and transit systems.
Synopsis: The ability to circulate between and within communities safely and expediently contributes to the quality of commerce in the Yampa Valley. Traffic counts along US Highway 40 and State Highway 131 have increased each year since 1990, with the most serious congestion occurring in Steamboat Springs, where traffic levels are at 83% of roadway capacity on Lincoln Avenue. Efforts to improve capacity include consolidating lodging shuttle services with Steamboat Springs Transit (SST), and increasing SST service through additional buses and more routes.
Possible Linkages: PM-10; Number of Visitors; Number of Skier Visits